If you’re in the market for a versatile marking tool capable of handling a wide array of tasks such as metal deep relief sculpture, crystal subsurface etching, 3D curved surface engraving, and tasks beyond the capabilities of laser printers and inkjet printers, a laser marking machine from Hymson Laser might be the perfect solution to cater to your unique needs.
When you’re planning to acquire an affordable laser marking machine to engrave parts, tools, crafts, gifts, arts, tags, signs, jewelry, bearings, wires, guns with materials like metal, wood, plastic, fabric, leather, and glass, it’s crucial to conduct thorough research, compare and evaluate each option, and identify the most competent manufacturers, makers, suppliers, dealers, sellers, and popular brands. This will enable you to select the best budget CO2, fiber, UV laser markers, whether they are handheld, portable, or desktop models, either online or in-store.
This guide aims to assist you in easily finding and acquiring the best value laser marking systems of 2023 for hobby & commercial use. These systems come with laser powers of 20W, 30W, 50W, 60W, 70W, 80W, 100W, 130W, 150W, 180W, 200W, 300W and offer custom etching, marking, and engraving services to fit your personalized projects, DIY ideas, and business plans.
Moreover, as one of the most trusted makers and brands, Hymson Laser has listed some of the most common models below this guide with features and costs for beginners and professionals.
Are you ready? Let’s delve into the world of laser marking.
A laser marking machine is an automated fine engraving tool with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) that employs fiber, CO2, or UV laser beam to leave permanent marks such as texts, numbers, letters, matrix codes, logos, signs, photos, pictures, patterns on 2D or 3D surfaces of various materials. These materials include metals (aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, carbon steel, titanium, iron, alloy, brass, copper, silver, gold), wood, fabric, leather, plastic, acrylic, glass, ABS, PCB, rubber, silicone, and polymer. This is a departure from ordinary inkjet printing. Laser markers boast advantages of high speed, high quality, high precision, pollution-free, safety, easy operation, free maintenance, and low cost. Laser marking machines are also known as markers, marking systems, etching machines, stippling machines, labeling machines, printing machines, and marking tools.
Laser marking is a novel type of non-contact, non-polluting, and non-damaging engraving process. It integrates laser technology, computer technology, and mechatronics technology. It is currently the most widely used advanced manufacturing technology. The principle involves a marking method that uses high-energy-density laser to locally irradiate the workpiece to vaporize the surface material or undergo a chemical reaction of color change, thereby leaving a permanent mark. The process can be divided into the following steps:
Step 1: The laser acts on the surface of the material. The beam used in the field is usually a pulsed laser, and it outputs a pulse within a specific period of time. To control the beam acting on the material, it is necessary to control important parameters such as scanning speed and scanning distance.
Step 2: The material absorbs the laser energy. After the beam acts on the surface of the material, most of the energy is reflected, and only a small part of the energy is absorbed by the material and converted into heat. It needs to absorb enough energy to melt/vaporize the surface material.
Step 3: Local expansion occurs on the surface of the material, the roughness changes, and the mark is formed. When the material is melted and cooled in a short period of time, the roughness of the material surface will change, forming a permanent mark, which includes texts, patterns, signs, and graphics.
There are both 2D marks for flat surfaces, and 3D marks for curved surfaces.
2D Marking System
The mirror galvanometers are used to scan the beam and mark on a 2D surface. The f˜ lens is used to concentrate the light on the 2D surface.
3D Marking System
The mirror galvanometers are used to scan the beam and mark on a 3D surface. They will move the focus lens (instead of f˜ lens) back and start adjusting the beam not only on the X-axis and Y-axis but also on the Z-axis.
The system has six different marking processes include annealing engraving, marking, staining, foaming, removing, and carbonizing, which is widely used in industrial manufacturing applications, school education, small businesses, home business, small shop, and home shop.
Fiber lasers with 1.06μm oscillators are used for generating power efficiently, which are compact due to the oscillation principle, and they are more suitable for processing metals. UV lasers with 0.355μm oscillators are affected by the wavelength conversions, they can make detailed processing with a low thermal effect for the materials that have a high absorption rate for these wavelengths, however, the operating cost may be high. They are very good for plastic. CO2 lasers with 10.6μm oscillators are more easily absorbed by clear materials because they have a longer wavelength, this makes them good for marking glass or other clear materials. They are very good for PVC, paper, rubber, glass, and wood.
As you are looking for, we always call them as laser metal engraving machine, part marker, tool marker, wood engraver, jewelry marker, gold marker, stainless steel engraving machine, bearing marker, plastic engraving tool, glass etching machine.
Types Based On Laser Sources: Fiber lasers, CO2 lasers, UV lasers.
Types Based On Table Sizes: Mini markers, portable markers, handheld markers, desktop markers.
Types Based On Applications: Home engravers, hobby engravers, industrial engravers.
Types Based On Functions: Color engravers with MOPA laser source, 3D deep engraving system, online flying engraving machines.
If you have an idea to buy a cheap laser marking machine, you may wonder how much does it cost? how to get a fair price or final price?
According to different powers, sources, software, control system, driving system, spare parts, kits, other hardwares, and softwares, you will get a final price range from $3,500.00 to $70,000.00.
A fiber laser engraver has an affordable price range from $3,500.00 to $28,500.00. A CO2 laser marking system is priced from $4,500 to $70,000.00. An UV laser marking machine costs from $10,000 up to $30,000.00. If you want to buy overseas, the fee of tax, customs clearance, and shipping costs should be included in the final price.
Pros & Cons
Laser marking is one of the fastest stripping solutions availablein the market. This results in high productivity and cost benefits during manufacture. Depending on the material structure and size, different machines or generators can be used to further increase the speed. It’s permanent and at the same time resistant to abrasion, heat, and acids. Depending on the parameter settings, certain materials can also be marked without damaging the surface. Thanks to the high precision of marking, even very delicate graphics, 1-point fonts, and very small geometries will turn out clearly legible. At the same time, stripping with the laser ensures constant high mark quality results.
As a modern precision engraving method, this type of technology has unparalleled advantages compared with traditional engraving methods such as corrosion, EDM, mechanical scribing, and printing:
- Laser is used as an engraving method, and there is no processing force between workpieces. You can get benefits of no cutting force, small thermal influence, and no contact to ensure the original accuracy of the object. At the same time, it has wide adaptability to materials, which can make fine marks on the surface of a variety of materials and has good durability;
- The space control and time control are very good, and the material, shape, size, and processing environment of the processing object are very free. It is especially suitable for automatic engraving and special surface engraving. And the engraving method is flexible, which can not only meet the needs of laboratory-style single-item design but also meet the requirements of industrialized mass production;
- Laser marked lines can reach the order of millimeters to micrometers. It’s very difficult to imitate and change this type of mark, which is extremely important for product anti-counterfeiting;
- The combination of laser and CNC control technology can form efficient automatic engraving equipment, which can print various characters, symbols, and patterns. It is easy to use software to design marking patterns, change marking content, and adapt to the high-efficiency and fast-paced requirements of modern production;
- It has no pollution source and is a clean and pollution-free high environmental protection laser technology;
Laser marker has been widely used in all walks of life, opening up broad prospects for high mark quality, high-efficiency, pollution-free, and low-cost modern manufacturing and production. With the continuous expansion of modern marking applications, the requirements for miniaturization, high efficiency, and integration of laser manufacturing systems are also higher.
Industrial lasers are invisible and cause certain damage to eyes and skin. Therefore, safety protection measures must be taken during use to avoid direct or scattered radiation from the optical output mirror. At the same time, appropriate precautions should be taken to prevent the output beam or reflected beam from directly hitting the human body. Both scattered and reflected light can cause skin and eye damage. Appropriate protective goggles should be worn at all times during the operation, and shielding tooling can also be installed within the processing range to isolate the radiated light and prevent the radiated light from scattering to cause damage to the eyes and skin.
- When the marker is working, do not install the sight;
- When operating the equipment, it is forbidden to look directly at the output head, and make sure to always wear goggles;
- Operations other than those mentioned for the controls, adjustments, or performance of the equipment may create a risk of radiation exposure.
Doing a good job of environmental protection measures for marking equipment can effectively avoid safety problems during use. The specific measures are as follows:
- The machine always works under the power supply with proper grounding and nominal voltage;
- When using the sight, you need to ensure that the smart generator is turned off;
- Do not expose the device to high humidity;
- Make sure that the ambient temperature and humidity are with in the specified range before turning on the device;
- It is forbidden to look directly at the output head, and make sure to wear goggles when operating the product;
- In addition to the control, adjustment or performance mentioned in the equipment manual, other operations may cause the risk of radiation exposure;
- For collimated output, it is essential to keep the output lens clean. After use, replace the protective cover of the sight, do not touch the output lens, and do not use any solvent to clean it, you can use lens tissue for cleaning.
- Brand: Hymson Laser
- Laser Power: 20W, 30W, 50W, 60W, 70W, 80W, 100W, 130W, 150W, 180W, 200W, 300W
- Laser Source: Fiber laser, CO2 laser, UV laser
- Laser Generator: IPG, Raycus, JPT
- Laser Wavelength: 10.6 μm, 1064 nm, 355 nm
- Marking Depth: 0.01~0.5mm
- Marking Speed: ≤15000mm/s
- Marking Content: Letters, Numbers, Signs, Logos, Patterns, Pictures
- Price Range: $3,000.00 – $70,000.00
- Cooling Way: Air cooling, Water cooling
- Operation System: Microsoft Windows
Before powering on the marker, it is essential to check the waterway and circuit. Follow the boot sequence outlined below:
- Turn on the incoming power and activate the key switch. This action energizes the machine exhaust and cooling system, with the ammeter displaying a value of approximately 7A.
- Wait for 5 to 10 seconds, then press the trigger button on the external control panel. The ammeter will show a value of zero. After 3 to 5 seconds, the krypton lamp will ignite, and the ammeter will display a value of 7A (refer to the operating instructions of the laser power supply).
- Power on the galvanometer.
- Turn on the computer and access the required marking file.
- Adjust the power to the working current (10 ~ 18A), and you can begin the marking process.
After completing the marking, power off each component in reverse order as described below:
- Reduce the working current of the power supply to the minimum (approximately 7A).
- Shut down the computer.
- Power off the galvanometer.
- Press the stop button.
- Turn off the key switch.
- Disconnect the incoming power.
Step 1. Request a Consultation
- Consult with our sales manager online, providing your requirements.
- We will recommend the most suitable Hymson Laser machine for you.
Step 2. Receive a Free Quotation
- Based on your consultation, we will provide a detailed quotation with the best specifications and an affordable price within your budget.
Step 3. Sign a Contract
- Evaluate and discuss all order details to ensure clarity.
- Upon agreement, we will send you the PI (Proforma Invoice) and proceed to sign a contract.
Step 4. Machine Construction
- Once we receive your signed sales contract and deposit, we will arrange the machine manufacturing.
- Regular updates about the construction progress will be communicated to you.
Step 5. Inspection
- Thorough inspection and strict quality control will be conducted throughout the production procedure.
- The complete machine will be tested to ensure optimal performance before leaving the factory.
Step 6. Shipping
- Shipping will commence as per the terms in the contract after your confirmation.
- You can inquire about transport information at any time.
Step 7. Customs Clearance
- We will supply all necessary shipping documents to facilitate a smooth customs clearance process.
Step 8. Support & Service
- We provide professional technical support and free customer service through various channels.
- Door-to-door service is available in certain areas.
Care & Maintenance
The laser marking machine, an integrated engraver encompassing a generator, CNC control system, machine, and electricity, has become indispensable in the manufacturing and personalization sectors due to the increasing emphasis on copyright. As market demand expands, proper maintenance of laser markers is crucial to ensure optimal function, marking quality, and machine longevity.
- Clean the equipment’s interior, removing dust, dirt, and foreign matter using a vacuum cleaner, alcohol, and a dust-free cloth.
- Check the focal length to ensure it falls within the standard range, and test that the laser achieves maximum strength.
- Clean the lens of the field lens with lens cleaning paper if it appears dirty.
- Verify the parameter setting screen’s normal functioning and check if the parameters are within the prescribed range.
- Confirm the normal operation of the machine, including the main switch, control switch, and marking system switch.
- Keep the machine clean, both the surface and interior.
- Ensure the red light preview can be activated and that the parameters are within the specified range.
- Clean the field lens using specialized lens cleaning paper dipped in alcohol, followed by dry lens cleaning paper.
- Test the beam by opening the software and performing a manual marking test.
- Inspect the lifting rail for looseness, abnormal noise, and oil leakage. Clean it with a dust-free cloth and lubricate it.
- Clean the dust at the air outlet to maintain normal heat dissipation. Use a vacuum cleaner, alcohol, and a dust-free cloth to remove dust, dirt, and foreign objects.
- Test the beam’s strength using a power meter.
- Check the power plug and all connection cable connectors for looseness or poor contact.
- Verify the red preview light path alignment and perform red light correction if necessary.
- Examine the cooling fan for normal rotation and clean the power supply and control board from dust.
- Inspect each motion axis for looseness, abnormal noise, smooth operation, and lubricate them with appropriate oil.
- Wear protective glasses to avoid damage caused by the bright light.
- Keep your hands away from the laser scanning range during operation.
- In case of improper machine operation leading to an emergency, immediately power off the machine.
- To prevent electric shock, avoid operating the machine with wet hands.
- Avoid putting your head or hands into the machine during operation to prevent injury.
- Do not change system parameters without permission from the equipment technician.
Automation & Intelligence
In the digital economy era, digital technology has significantly enhanced production and innovation efficiency. With CNC control systems, marking tools gain the capability to analyze, judge, reason, and make decisions in the manufacturing process, driving automation and intelligence across various manufacturing equipment components. Rising labor costs and the constant evolution of industrial technology have further spurred the development of laser markers towards higher levels of automation and intelligence. As the intelligent manufacturing strategy advances, digitalization and intelligence will become inevitable trends, resulting in the emergence of highly intelligent multi-functional marking machines that substantially enhance industrial manufacturing efficiency and management.
High Power, High Efficiency, High Precision
The laser industry’s development and the changing demands of downstream industries have made medium and high-power marking machines highly sought after. These high-power and high-speed engravers surpass traditional processing equipment, offering exceptional efficiency and accuracy. Consequently, they significantly improve industrial manufacturing efficiency and quality.
Flexibility & Integration
In the era of intelligent manufacturing, downstream users require marking machines with flexibility and adaptability to handle diversified and complex processing scenarios. The demand for personalized marking solutions is on the rise. Therefore, the industry must adopt modular design, enhance equipment integration, and improve adaptability and functionality to cater to diverse customer needs. Embracing flexible production aligned with consumer requirements will become a crucial development direction for the marking machine industry.
Things To Consider
Laser-marked labels are highly durable and difficult to counterfeit, making them instrumental in enhancing product quality and value. However, current laser markers require hardware installation on computer motherboards, rendering them reliant on computers throughout the marking process. This dependence affects the stability of marking machines, increases costs, and influences their size.
With the continuous integration of laser manufacturing technology, the trend is shifting towards lighter and smaller laser markers. The marking system consists of two parts: graphics editing and marking control. Graphics editing occurs on a computer, while the control software operates on the control card. A LDB file stores the data created during graphics editing, and the USB device transmits this data to the control card during marking. This eliminates the need for continuous computer involvement during the marking process. Research has focused on improving oblique-line and correction algorithms, as well as developing a control algorithm to manage graphic marking and analyze the FAT file system of the USB device.
Contact us today and discover the perfect laser marking machine that meets your requirements and budget. We eagerly await your inquiry.